My rankings are 100% based on how well these races fit into my vision of D&D-land. It's a place that draws more inspiration from Bas-Lag, Warhammer, Darkest Dungeon and Carcosa than vanilla Tolkien or the Forgotten Realms.
A few notes:
- Like the GG NO RE crew, I am profoundly human-centric. I do like the Carcosan rainbow people.
- Devil's infiltrating the world... cool! Angels... ok. (Tieflings and Aasimar)
- Robot-golem boys (and girls) - yep
- Short people are awful and should be portrayed as sneaky, psycho bastards (Goblins, kobolds: fine. Halflings, dwarves*, gnomes: shite)
- My comparatively high estimation of Kenku is entirely based on Matt Finch's portrayal.
- Elves are boring.
It could be better: